Thursday, August 13, 2015

Being a Field of Play Volunteer

August 13, 2015


     Here in Toronto we have gone on some very exciting excursions but in this blog I would like to talk about my experience as a field of play volunteer. As a field of play volunteer I am either stationed at the training court or the competition court. On the training court there are two teams practicing at a time. As a field of play volunteer I am responsible for supplying clean towels, water, and powerade to the teams that are practicing. I get to sit by the curtain dividing the teams that are practicing and make sure the basketballs don’t cross over to the other side. On the training court I enjoy watching the teams practice and the different drills they do. It’s interesting to watch how teams from other countries interact with each other.


            On the competition court I get to sit behind the basket and sweep the court during time outs and between quarters. I really enjoy working on the competition court because I get a perfect seat for the game! Being on the competition court is exciting because you get to watch the players interact with each other and their coaches during the game. My favorite part about working with the field of play is getting to watch the teams transition from practice to competition.  I’ve had the opportunity to personally watch the teams on their journey here at the Parapan Am Games and I am very thankful for this opportunity!

--Lily Simmons


No comments:

Post a Comment